Men bag third place in cross country
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt. The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men s team finish third and women s team seventh. Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: The course was r
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt.
The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men's team finish third and women's team seventh.
Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: "The course was revised from last year, which made it a slightly longer race - the women had to do two laps and the men three.
"It was nice to see new faces in the squad, these being young Toby Hone who has come up from the Royston Crows junior team, and Katherine Probert."
You may also want to watch:
Probert performed particularly well, and was the first of the ladies' team to finish, in a time of 28 minutes, five seconds.
She was closely followed by Janette Thomas (29:14) and Kerry Puttock (31:51).
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
John Newell recorded the fastest time in the men's team, running the course in 33:41 seconds. Hone was second quickest (33:52), with Vince Long third (33:58).
The Royston Runners will take part in cross country races every month during the winter season.
The races are open to all members of the club, and anyone interested in joining should contact Maurice Hill on 01763 241182.