Men bag third place in cross country
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt. The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men s team finish third and women s team seventh. Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: The course was r
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt.
The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men's team finish third and women's team seventh.
Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: "The course was revised from last year, which made it a slightly longer race - the women had to do two laps and the men three.
"It was nice to see new faces in the squad, these being young Toby Hone who has come up from the Royston Crows junior team, and Katherine Probert."
Probert performed particularly well, and was the first of the ladies' team to finish, in a time of 28 minutes, five seconds.
She was closely followed by Janette Thomas (29:14) and Kerry Puttock (31:51).
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
John Newell recorded the fastest time in the men's team, running the course in 33:41 seconds. Hone was second quickest (33:52), with Vince Long third (33:58).
The Royston Runners will take part in cross country races every month during the winter season.
The races are open to all members of the club, and anyone interested in joining should contact Maurice Hill on 01763 241182.