Men bag third place in cross country
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt. The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men s team finish third and women s team seventh. Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: The course was r
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt.
The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men's team finish third and women's team seventh.
Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: "The course was revised from last year, which made it a slightly longer race - the women had to do two laps and the men three.
"It was nice to see new faces in the squad, these being young Toby Hone who has come up from the Royston Crows junior team, and Katherine Probert."
You may also want to watch:
Probert performed particularly well, and was the first of the ladies' team to finish, in a time of 28 minutes, five seconds.
She was closely followed by Janette Thomas (29:14) and Kerry Puttock (31:51).
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
John Newell recorded the fastest time in the men's team, running the course in 33:41 seconds. Hone was second quickest (33:52), with Vince Long third (33:58).
The Royston Runners will take part in cross country races every month during the winter season.
The races are open to all members of the club, and anyone interested in joining should contact Maurice Hill on 01763 241182.