Men bag third place in cross country
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt. The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men s team finish third and women s team seventh. Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: The course was r
ROYSTON Runners took part in their first cross-country of the season on Saturday in Cheshunt.
The race, which was held at Cheshunt Golf Club, saw the men's team finish third and women's team seventh.
Sean Allen from Royston Runners said: "The course was revised from last year, which made it a slightly longer race - the women had to do two laps and the men three.
"It was nice to see new faces in the squad, these being young Toby Hone who has come up from the Royston Crows junior team, and Katherine Probert."
Probert performed particularly well, and was the first of the ladies' team to finish, in a time of 28 minutes, five seconds.
She was closely followed by Janette Thomas (29:14) and Kerry Puttock (31:51).
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
John Newell recorded the fastest time in the men's team, running the course in 33:41 seconds. Hone was second quickest (33:52), with Vince Long third (33:58).
The Royston Runners will take part in cross country races every month during the winter season.
The races are open to all members of the club, and anyone interested in joining should contact Maurice Hill on 01763 241182.