Meldreth bowls round-up
MELDRETH went top of the Foxton Afternoon League after a 5-0 away win over local rivals Melbourn.
Three ladies skipped by Mavis Chapman won 18-8 against Val Musson, David Brunsdon beat Dick Raymen 21-8 while captain Stan Chapman beat Dennis Wooding 26-8.
Malcolm Chapman just failed to make the semi-finals in the county singles losing to Liam Botten at Newmarket.
Malcolm had the better of the early exchanges leading 10-5 but Liam then took control to go 20-15 up. Malcolm fought back to 20-19 and on the 28th end was holding two winning shots only for Liam to draw level with his last wood to win 21-19.
Meldreth had a disappointing 6-1 loss in the Meldreth and District league at Chesterton with a trio skipped by Don Sheldrick providing the only point.
You may also want to watch:
They also failed to get revenge against Balsham at home in the Men’s county league losing 5-2. The rink of Graham Powell-Birley, Graham Gunton, David Indaco and skip Malcolm Chapman picked up five shots on the last end to win 21-17 and Kevin Stanfords rink gained seven shots in the last two ends to win 23-17. Roy Smith’s rink could only manage one shot to lose 18-17. Bernie Sewells rink lost heavily 34-11.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms