Meldreth bowls round-up
MELDRETH went top of the Foxton Afternoon League after a 5-0 away win over local rivals Melbourn.
Three ladies skipped by Mavis Chapman won 18-8 against Val Musson, David Brunsdon beat Dick Raymen 21-8 while captain Stan Chapman beat Dennis Wooding 26-8.
Malcolm Chapman just failed to make the semi-finals in the county singles losing to Liam Botten at Newmarket.
Malcolm had the better of the early exchanges leading 10-5 but Liam then took control to go 20-15 up. Malcolm fought back to 20-19 and on the 28th end was holding two winning shots only for Liam to draw level with his last wood to win 21-19.
Meldreth had a disappointing 6-1 loss in the Meldreth and District league at Chesterton with a trio skipped by Don Sheldrick providing the only point.
You may also want to watch:
They also failed to get revenge against Balsham at home in the Men’s county league losing 5-2. The rink of Graham Powell-Birley, Graham Gunton, David Indaco and skip Malcolm Chapman picked up five shots on the last end to win 21-17 and Kevin Stanfords rink gained seven shots in the last two ends to win 23-17. Roy Smith’s rink could only manage one shot to lose 18-17. Bernie Sewells rink lost heavily 34-11.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment