Melbourn unlucky to go down at Baldock
Baldock 4 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 2 Under-10s MELBOURN Panthers were on top form in their first league match of the new season against Baldock. Bruce Barnes opened the score sheet, finding the back of the net in some style to give Melbourn an early lead
Baldock 4 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 2
MELBOURN Panthers were on top form in their first league match of the new season against Baldock.
Bruce Barnes opened the score sheet, finding the back of the net in some style to give Melbourn an early lead.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn dominated the early part of the match and came close to coring more before Baldock came back to score twice in quick succession giving them the lead at half time.
Melbourn kept their chances alive in the second half with another superb goal from Barnes, but although there was some outstanding defending from man-of-the-match Ben Greenaway and some solid keeping from Theo Windred Baldock remained in front and they ran out 4-2 victors.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Baldock 1 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 1
MELBOURN Tigers had an excellent game against Baldock but were unable to find that second goal.
Firing on all cylinders, Melbourn were unlucky to end the first half without a goal with the score level at 0-0.
Sam Fallon was pivotal in midfield, covering the length of the pitch and setting up the attacks and he also supported the defence with strong commitment throughout.
Coming out of goal in the second half, Cameron Ireland posed a real threat in attack and he worked well with Matthew Morris to set up a number of chances resulting in an excellent goal from Morris.
A goal from Baldock soon followed but man-of-the-match Harry Carter showed true team spirit by working tirelessly to set up chances, however a second goal was not to be and the game ended a 1-1 draw.
Ashwell Academicals 3 Melbourn Dynamos 3
MELBOURN Dynamos enjoyed a superb morning's football against Ashwell, putting on an excellent display of teamwork.
Ashwell's greater experience showed in the first half as they took a 2-0 lead into the break, but after the break Melbourn found their feet in true style with Teddy Bridges outstanding in defence and Cameron King and Louis Chadwick working tirelessly to create chances up front.
The Ashwell lead was chipped away first with an excellent goal from Chadwick and then a superb goal from a sharp angle from King which was helped to the back of the net by Chadwick.
With the score at 2-2, Ashwell took the lead again but the dying seconds of the match saw a great shot hit the back of the net by man-of-the-match King.
The final score was 3-3, a superb result on the team's first outing.