Melbourn under-nines beaten by Arrowheads
Austin Arrowheads Reds 8 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines AFTER a couple of early efforts and some great defending from Melbourn, the Reds managed to score midway through the first half. Melbourn held their line but unfortunately let in four more goa
Austin Arrowheads Reds 8 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
AFTER a couple of early efforts and some great defending from Melbourn, the Reds managed to score midway through the first half.
Melbourn held their line but unfortunately let in four more goals, giving the Reds a 5-0 lead at half time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the Arrowheads scored two early goals to make it 7-0 but the Tigers' strong spirit meant they refused to give in.
Despite all Josh Brown's efforts in goal and Jaydon Biggs' hard work in defence the Reds scored another goal to finish winners at 8-0 with the two boys awarded joint man-of-the-match for their efforts.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Austin Arrowheads Whites 3 Melbourn Panthers 1
FROM the kick-off Melbourn applied pressure on the Whites' defence and went close through Josh Montgomery.
Minutes later Montgomery was lucky to nod Melbourn ahead with a scrambled header on the line.
After a couple of good saves from Ethan Chesham in the Melbourn goal, the Whites managed to score twice in quick succession taking them to a 2-1 lead at half time.
Melbourn attacked the Whites' goal in the second half and came close on three occasions but the Whites scored an impressive third direct from a corner to make it 3-1.
Joint man-of-the-match winner Stuart Dingwell battled hard to keep the Whites' attack at bay and Chesham made an impressive 22 saves during the game to put up a strong fight but the match ended 3-1 to the Whites at full time.