Melbourn under-nines beaten by Arrowheads
Austin Arrowheads Reds 8 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines AFTER a couple of early efforts and some great defending from Melbourn, the Reds managed to score midway through the first half. Melbourn held their line but unfortunately let in four more goa
Austin Arrowheads Reds 8 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
AFTER a couple of early efforts and some great defending from Melbourn, the Reds managed to score midway through the first half.
Melbourn held their line but unfortunately let in four more goals, giving the Reds a 5-0 lead at half time.
In the second half the Arrowheads scored two early goals to make it 7-0 but the Tigers' strong spirit meant they refused to give in.
Despite all Josh Brown's efforts in goal and Jaydon Biggs' hard work in defence the Reds scored another goal to finish winners at 8-0 with the two boys awarded joint man-of-the-match for their efforts.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Austin Arrowheads Whites 3 Melbourn Panthers 1
FROM the kick-off Melbourn applied pressure on the Whites' defence and went close through Josh Montgomery.
Minutes later Montgomery was lucky to nod Melbourn ahead with a scrambled header on the line.
After a couple of good saves from Ethan Chesham in the Melbourn goal, the Whites managed to score twice in quick succession taking them to a 2-1 lead at half time.
Melbourn attacked the Whites' goal in the second half and came close on three occasions but the Whites scored an impressive third direct from a corner to make it 3-1.
Joint man-of-the-match winner Stuart Dingwell battled hard to keep the Whites' attack at bay and Chesham made an impressive 22 saves during the game to put up a strong fight but the match ended 3-1 to the Whites at full time.