Melbourn under-nines beaten by Arrowheads
Austin Arrowheads Reds 8 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 Under-nines AFTER a couple of early efforts and some great defending from Melbourn, the Reds managed to score midway through the first half. Melbourn held their line but unfortunately let in four more goa
Austin Arrowheads Reds 8 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
AFTER a couple of early efforts and some great defending from Melbourn, the Reds managed to score midway through the first half.
Melbourn held their line but unfortunately let in four more goals, giving the Reds a 5-0 lead at half time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half the Arrowheads scored two early goals to make it 7-0 but the Tigers' strong spirit meant they refused to give in.
Despite all Josh Brown's efforts in goal and Jaydon Biggs' hard work in defence the Reds scored another goal to finish winners at 8-0 with the two boys awarded joint man-of-the-match for their efforts.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Austin Arrowheads Whites 3 Melbourn Panthers 1
FROM the kick-off Melbourn applied pressure on the Whites' defence and went close through Josh Montgomery.
Minutes later Montgomery was lucky to nod Melbourn ahead with a scrambled header on the line.
After a couple of good saves from Ethan Chesham in the Melbourn goal, the Whites managed to score twice in quick succession taking them to a 2-1 lead at half time.
Melbourn attacked the Whites' goal in the second half and came close on three occasions but the Whites scored an impressive third direct from a corner to make it 3-1.
Joint man-of-the-match winner Stuart Dingwell battled hard to keep the Whites' attack at bay and Chesham made an impressive 22 saves during the game to put up a strong fight but the match ended 3-1 to the Whites at full time.