Melbourn unable to break down Hatfield
Hatfield 2 MDFC 0, Hatfield 3 MDFC 1 Under-sevenON a bone-hard pitch against tough-tackling opponents, Melbourn Dynamos were slow to get going in their first match against Hatfield and relied on good defensive work from Arthur Gomm to keep them in the ga
Hatfield 2 MDFC 0, Hatfield 3 MDFC 1
ON a bone-hard pitch against tough-tackling opponents, Melbourn Dynamos were slow to get going in their first match against Hatfield and relied on good defensive work from Arthur Gomm to keep them in the game.
A much-improved second-half performance brought some chances but no goals as they lost 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
In the second match, the Dynamos were much stronger but despite excellent defending by Nathan Clark they found themselves two goals down at half-time because of a cross which turned into a shot and a mix-up in the defence.
The second half was all Melbourn and man-of-the-match Toby Locking was instrumental in setting up the chance for Louis Chadwick to reduce the deficit.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The Dynamos looked by far the most likely team to score, going close twice, but a breakaway goal sealed another victory for Hatfield.