Melbourn still top after 5-0 victory
CHAZ Hassen was the star of the show as Melbourn put five past Sawston Rovers on Saturday. Melbourn went ahead after 20 minutes when Hassen finished off an excellent counter-attack after good work from Carl Chadwick. And the lead was doubled moments l
CHAZ Hassen was the star of the show as Melbourn put five past Sawston Rovers on Saturday.
Melbourn went ahead after 20 minutes when Hassen finished off an excellent counter-attack after good work from Carl Chadwick.
And the lead was doubled moments later when Andrew Gray headed home from a corner.
Melbourn started the second half much as they had the first, and put the game to bed on 55 minutes.
An excellent run down the left by Hassen eventually found its way to Wright who was on hand to tap the ball home before Kris Watters cleverly added the fourth with a neat lob from 25 yards.
Rovers had long since given up the ghost and conceded a fifth when Hassen capped off a fine individual display with his second goal of the match after bringing down a through-ball before sliding home.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Melbourn travel to Cambridge UP Reserves on Saturday in an important top-of-the-table clash.
Melbourn: Ferrari; Morris, Bryan, Patman, Alder; Chadwick (Hill), J Gray, A Gray (Wagstaff), Hassen; Wright, Watters (Edmans)