Melbourn stage league finals day
MELBOURN Bowls Club played host to the finals of the Cambridge & District League competitions, as the home club of league president Mick Kernaghan. Mr Kernaghan welcomed more than 50 bowlers and more than 150 spectators to the highly- contested individua
MELBOURN Bowls Club played host to the finals of the Cambridge & District League competitions, as the home club of league president Mick Kernaghan.
Mr Kernaghan welcomed more than 50 bowlers and more than 150 spectators to the highly- contested individual and team finals.
Ron Dunnet of Mitchell Lodge won the men's singles, with John Poulter and Steve Thurgood of Balsham winning the men's pairs.
The ladies pairs was won by Chesterton's Maureen Christmas and Pat Stanley.
You may also want to watch:
Chesterton also won the mixed pairs and Gilbert Cup four triples titles.
Barrington pair Carol North and John Philips won the Secretary and Treasurer titles.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The club also held the final of the Champion of Champions which featured the division winners of the Cambridge & District Leagues.
The competition was won by Alexander Beehive, who saw off Cottenham A by four shots.