Melbourn Squash Club go top of the Ladies Cambridgeshire League
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Squash Club went top of the Ladies Cambridgeshire League after their 19-3 demolition at Crown Lodge.
The hosts were struggling with availability and Melbourn duly took advantage as firstly Ruth Sturgess won her match comfortably 3-0.
Two subsequent walkovers left the visitors assured of the win and Lynne Hays picked up a bonus point despite Sam Pluck’s narrow 3-2 defeat in the final match.
Melbourn’s men did not have such an easy time as they lost 18-6 to Peterborough. Matt Walker, 2nd team captain, did not get the 1sts off to a good start as he fell 3-0 in the opener.
Mark Oppen and Dan Easton then put Melbourn in a strong position with two defiant wins, but Joe Weavers and Matt Sampson lost their contests to give Peterborough a decent win.
Melbourn 2nds won their fourth game of the season after a 19-5 victory over Fenland 2nds.
Paul Heath and Michael Easton put the 2nds in command of the tie.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Ian Blows lost a deciding game to allow Fenland a string back but Matt Walker and Jan Brynjolffssen won their matches to complete the rout.