Melbourn Squash Club go top of the Ladies Cambridgeshire League
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Squash Club went top of the Ladies Cambridgeshire League after their 19-3 demolition at Crown Lodge.
The hosts were struggling with availability and Melbourn duly took advantage as firstly Ruth Sturgess won her match comfortably 3-0.
Two subsequent walkovers left the visitors assured of the win and Lynne Hays picked up a bonus point despite Sam Pluck’s narrow 3-2 defeat in the final match.
Melbourn’s men did not have such an easy time as they lost 18-6 to Peterborough. Matt Walker, 2nd team captain, did not get the 1sts off to a good start as he fell 3-0 in the opener.
Mark Oppen and Dan Easton then put Melbourn in a strong position with two defiant wins, but Joe Weavers and Matt Sampson lost their contests to give Peterborough a decent win.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn 2nds won their fourth game of the season after a 19-5 victory over Fenland 2nds.
Paul Heath and Michael Easton put the 2nds in command of the tie.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
Ian Blows lost a deciding game to allow Fenland a string back but Matt Walker and Jan Brynjolffssen won their matches to complete the rout.