Melbourn sound BIS League warning
MELBOURN got their BIS Division 2A campaign off to a flying start by drubbing Elsworth Sports 6-2 at the Recreation Ground. Veteran striker Kris Watters headed Melbourn in front after 16 minutes, following Andrew Morris fine left-wing cross. And the home
MELBOURN got their BIS Division 2A campaign off to a flying start by drubbing Elsworth Sports 6-2 at the Recreation Ground.
Veteran striker Kris Watters headed Melbourn in front after 16 minutes, following Andrew Morris' fine left-wing cross.
And the home side extended their lead soon after, Andy Richardson stabbing home after Andy Gray's long throw.
Elsworth pulled one back after 30 minutes, but Melbourn restored their two-goal cushion just minutes before the break, following a strike from new signing Ben Fox.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors started the second-half brightly and Melbourn goalkeeper Glen Pearse made a couple of important saves to keep his side in front.
An own goal gifted Melbourn their fourth, before Ben Fox's sublime chip effectively ended the contest.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
To their credit, Elsworth continued to compete and a far post header cut their deficit to three.
But Watters had the final say, his second goal of the match sealing a comfortable victory for his side against last season's promotion rivals.