Melbourn sound BIS League warning
MELBOURN got their BIS Division 2A campaign off to a flying start by drubbing Elsworth Sports 6-2 at the Recreation Ground. Veteran striker Kris Watters headed Melbourn in front after 16 minutes, following Andrew Morris fine left-wing cross. And the home
MELBOURN got their BIS Division 2A campaign off to a flying start by drubbing Elsworth Sports 6-2 at the Recreation Ground.
Veteran striker Kris Watters headed Melbourn in front after 16 minutes, following Andrew Morris' fine left-wing cross.
And the home side extended their lead soon after, Andy Richardson stabbing home after Andy Gray's long throw.
Elsworth pulled one back after 30 minutes, but Melbourn restored their two-goal cushion just minutes before the break, following a strike from new signing Ben Fox.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors started the second-half brightly and Melbourn goalkeeper Glen Pearse made a couple of important saves to keep his side in front.
An own goal gifted Melbourn their fourth, before Ben Fox's sublime chip effectively ended the contest.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
To their credit, Elsworth continued to compete and a far post header cut their deficit to three.
But Watters had the final say, his second goal of the match sealing a comfortable victory for his side against last season's promotion rivals.