Melbourn’s Matthew gets GB call-up
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Judo Club’s Matthew Boyce has been selected for GB duty later this month.
The teenager will represent his country in the under 100kg category in Germany.
The 16-year-old is having an amazing final year as a cadet in the over 90kg weight category having been crowned British champion and picking up seventh place in a cadet European Cup match in Spain.
Elsewhere, Lara Haslam affirmed her national medalist status with two excellent wins and a bronze medal in the north west age-banded competition.
The club’s youngsters were also in action on Sunday at the Littleport age-banded event.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Marsh took gold, while there were silver medals for Josca Brown, Levin Rainey and Sunny Brown. Rhys Bolitho, Leone Skelton and Daniel Frisby claimed bronze.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?