Melbourn’s Matthew gets GB call-up
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Judo Club’s Matthew Boyce has been selected for GB duty later this month.
The teenager will represent his country in the under 100kg category in Germany.
The 16-year-old is having an amazing final year as a cadet in the over 90kg weight category having been crowned British champion and picking up seventh place in a cadet European Cup match in Spain.
Elsewhere, Lara Haslam affirmed her national medalist status with two excellent wins and a bronze medal in the north west age-banded competition.
The club’s youngsters were also in action on Sunday at the Littleport age-banded event.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Marsh took gold, while there were silver medals for Josca Brown, Levin Rainey and Sunny Brown. Rhys Bolitho, Leone Skelton and Daniel Frisby claimed bronze.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside