Melbourn’s Bradshaw is runner-up at masters competition
- Credit: Archant
Kate Bradshaw is celebrating after finishing as runner-up in the Women’s Over-35 section of the England Squash Masters Series, East of England Regional event, held at Moreton Hall Health Club, Bury St Edmunds at the weekend.
A 3-0 win over Hannah Ockwell (Sussex) and 3-2 successes against Joanne Smalley (Bucks) and Maxine Dove (Suffolk) meant Bradshaw’s match against Katie Lawrence (Suffolk) decided the destiny of the title.
Lawrence, the reigning British Open Women’s O35 Champion, narrowly claimed each game as Bradshaw was beaten 11-9 12-1011-9.
Bradshaw said: “Given that this was my first Masters tournament, this was a really unexpected result.
“I knew that all the matches would be tough - giving away 2-0 leads in two of my matches also made things harder. I was pleased and lucky to come through the winner of those two five-set matches.
You may also want to watch:
“Although I lost against Katie Lawrence, I was happy that the scoreline was so close in terms of points won in the games played.
“She will be a hard one to beat, but I hope to have another chance at the next tournament in London at the end of October.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge