Melbourn on course for title
Under-11s Division Three Elsenham Youth 0 Melbourn Panthers 4 MELBOURN S chances of finishing top of Division Three are now in their own hands as they put in a superb performance away to their closest rivals. The first half was a scrappy affair with E
Under-11s Division Three
Elsenham Youth 0
Melbourn Panthers 4
MELBOURN'S chances of finishing top of Division Three are now in their own hands as they put in a superb performance away to their closest rivals.
You may also want to watch:
The first half was a scrappy affair with Elsenham battling hard to maintain their unbeaten home record.
George Storey came closest to opening the scoring for Panthers as he found himself clean through on goal with just the 'keeper to beat. Unfortunately his well struck shot rose a little too high and crashed off the crossbar.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
At the other end Ryan Lees, Andrew Houghton, Andrew Chitty and Robbie Dingwell were all strong in defence as Elsenham's best effort was a rising shot from the Elsenham midfielder which flew just over the bar as half time approached.
Storey and Eades both had half decent chances which the Elsenham keeper saved well however it was Eades who broke the deadlock with a well timed shot which flew into the top corner.
Storey made it 2-0 on 49 minutes with a great shot into the top corner from the edge of the penalty area.
They added a third as the hard working Sam Potterill laid a square ball for the grateful Eades to finish off well with a few minutes to go, and Lees added a fourth with a powerful header from a Storey corner in the final few seconds