Melbourn judo star Reid claims British silver medal
- Credit: Archant
Emma Reid claimed a silver medal for Melbourn Judo Club at the British National Championship and squad trials in Sheffield.
Reid, competing in the senior event, needed less than a minute to win all of her four pool fights via ippon.
The 21-year-old triumphed in the medal pool with the same result to face 2016 Olympian Natalie Powell in the final.
She took the fight to Powell and was close to throwing her a few times but eventually lost to superior strength and experience.
Reid remains British number two in her weight category after her strong performance.
You may also want to watch:
Clubmates Toby Beamis and Matthew Boyce fought well in the junior event (17-19 year-olds) on Saturday, but their lack of experience saw them fail to make the medal round.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes