Melbourn judo pair win bronze at Cadet ranking event
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Judo Club’s Matthew Boyce and Imogen Ranner both won bronze medals at the North West Cadet GB ranking event.
The pair achieved the feat despite competing as first year cadets in a three year age band.
Ranner and Boyce both picked up medals at the 2013 Junior British Championships as pre-cadets and have represented England at cadet level.
Meanwhile, Melbourn’s younger fighters won at least one fight at the Littleport mini-mons.
There were gold medals for nine-year-old Daisy King and 10-year-old James Buchan while Abbie Buchan, Isaac Sullivan, Lara Haslam and Louis Clais-Burns grabbed a silver.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Taylor, Brandon Keeling and Jenson Gurr all left the event with bronze medals in their respective events.
There was also success for rising judo star Emma Reid as she added National University and Colleges champion to her long list of achievements with a superb performance last Saturday.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme