Melbourn judo pair win bronze at Cadet ranking event
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Judo Club’s Matthew Boyce and Imogen Ranner both won bronze medals at the North West Cadet GB ranking event.
The pair achieved the feat despite competing as first year cadets in a three year age band.
Ranner and Boyce both picked up medals at the 2013 Junior British Championships as pre-cadets and have represented England at cadet level.
Meanwhile, Melbourn’s younger fighters won at least one fight at the Littleport mini-mons.
There were gold medals for nine-year-old Daisy King and 10-year-old James Buchan while Abbie Buchan, Isaac Sullivan, Lara Haslam and Louis Clais-Burns grabbed a silver.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Taylor, Brandon Keeling and Jenson Gurr all left the event with bronze medals in their respective events.
There was also success for rising judo star Emma Reid as she added National University and Colleges champion to her long list of achievements with a superb performance last Saturday.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?