Melbourn Judo Club’s Emma Reid crowned ladies’ senior British U78kg champion
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Judo Club pair Emma Reid and Imogen Ranner have picked up significant honours at two British championship events.
Reid was crowned senior ladies’ British champion in the U78kg category at the British National Championships while Ranner, returning from injury and fighting against several larger girls, won bronze in the U70kg section at the British Cadet Championship (ages 14-16) in Sheffield.
At the junior event, Toby Beamiss had a great day in the U73kg class, winning three fights and finishing just outside the medals in fifth place.
Matthew Boyce also fought well to finish seventh in the U81kg group.
The following week at the National Championships, Ranner gained good experience fighting up with the juniors (age 17-19) and Reid (20) finally topped the podium to be take the British title.
You may also want to watch:
All of the club’s players train many times a week and regularly travel long distances to train and compete.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia