Melbourn Judo Club’s Emma Reid crowned ladies’ senior British U78kg champion
- Credit: Archant
Melbourn Judo Club pair Emma Reid and Imogen Ranner have picked up significant honours at two British championship events.
Reid was crowned senior ladies’ British champion in the U78kg category at the British National Championships while Ranner, returning from injury and fighting against several larger girls, won bronze in the U70kg section at the British Cadet Championship (ages 14-16) in Sheffield.
At the junior event, Toby Beamiss had a great day in the U73kg class, winning three fights and finishing just outside the medals in fifth place.
Matthew Boyce also fought well to finish seventh in the U81kg group.
The following week at the National Championships, Ranner gained good experience fighting up with the juniors (age 17-19) and Reid (20) finally topped the podium to be take the British title.
You may also want to watch:
All of the club’s players train many times a week and regularly travel long distances to train and compete.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony