Melbourn Judo Club awarded
MELBOURN Judo Club has been rewarded for its excellent standards with both the Sport England Club Mark Silver Award and the British Judo Association Silver Club Recognition.
The two awards come four years after the club received Sport England Mark Bronze status and demonstrates how far the club has come in that time.
Andrew Wilesmith, the eastern region development officer from the British Judo Association, made the presentation to club chairman, Derek Coult, who thanked club coaches, committee members and officials who had attended courses, CRB checks and revalidation events and attained numerous other standards to fulfil the necessary criteria.
Andrew commented: “The club is only the third to achieve this silver standard in the eastern region and only the 15th in the UK”. He added: “The club has a great standard of codes ofpPractice and management which is enhanced by the attitude and management of the Staff of Stevenage Leisure at Royston Leisure Centre.”
Coult was proud to accept the award and said: “Achieving Silver has been the result of a very difficult 15-month project because of so many changing factors at the club in that period.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have an even higher acknowledgement of the club’s endeavours to meet higher standards of club management, child protection and duty of care and Sports equity and ethics. We now look forward to seeking Club Mark Gold in the foreseeable future which will clearly set us apart from other Judo Clubs – something that is still not realised by many club members and officials.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony