Melbourn Judo Club awarded
MELBOURN Judo Club has been rewarded for its excellent standards with both the Sport England Club Mark Silver Award and the British Judo Association Silver Club Recognition.
The two awards come four years after the club received Sport England Mark Bronze status and demonstrates how far the club has come in that time.
Andrew Wilesmith, the eastern region development officer from the British Judo Association, made the presentation to club chairman, Derek Coult, who thanked club coaches, committee members and officials who had attended courses, CRB checks and revalidation events and attained numerous other standards to fulfil the necessary criteria.
Andrew commented: “The club is only the third to achieve this silver standard in the eastern region and only the 15th in the UK”. He added: “The club has a great standard of codes ofpPractice and management which is enhanced by the attitude and management of the Staff of Stevenage Leisure at Royston Leisure Centre.”
Coult was proud to accept the award and said: “Achieving Silver has been the result of a very difficult 15-month project because of so many changing factors at the club in that period.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have an even higher acknowledgement of the club’s endeavours to meet higher standards of club management, child protection and duty of care and Sports equity and ethics. We now look forward to seeking Club Mark Gold in the foreseeable future which will clearly set us apart from other Judo Clubs – something that is still not realised by many club members and officials.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended