Melbourn hit Linton Granta for seven
Linton Granta A 0
Reg Haigh & Arthur Peck Cup
A FOUR-goal blitz inside the first 20 minutes helped Melbourn progress in this cup game.
Melbourn took the lead almost straight from kick off through a Russell Cooper volley before the same player doubled his tally on seven minutes with a header. Ali Oglivie scored the third goal after rounding the ‘keeper before Lee Cooper made it four from Russell Cooper’s deep cross.
Melbourn continued to press in the second half and they scored the fifth through Tom Walker before Lee Cooper scored his second of the afternoon.
Ian Burt almost scored the best goal of the game following a flowing move with a 25-yard volley which hit the crossbar. Burt got his reward for a fine performance with a neat near post finish following fine work from Stuart Smith.
- 1 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 2 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 3 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 10 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
Melbourn next face Sawston Utd A in the Lower Junior Cup in two weeks time.
Melbourn: P Huzzey; Smith (Wilkins), Bryan, Sell, Monahan; Burt, Walker (Collen), L Huzzey (Holl), Oglvie; A Cooper, L Cooper.