Melbourn hit Linton Granta for seven
Linton Granta A 0
Reg Haigh & Arthur Peck Cup
A FOUR-goal blitz inside the first 20 minutes helped Melbourn progress in this cup game.
Melbourn took the lead almost straight from kick off through a Russell Cooper volley before the same player doubled his tally on seven minutes with a header. Ali Oglivie scored the third goal after rounding the ‘keeper before Lee Cooper made it four from Russell Cooper’s deep cross.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn continued to press in the second half and they scored the fifth through Tom Walker before Lee Cooper scored his second of the afternoon.
Ian Burt almost scored the best goal of the game following a flowing move with a 25-yard volley which hit the crossbar. Burt got his reward for a fine performance with a neat near post finish following fine work from Stuart Smith.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Melbourn next face Sawston Utd A in the Lower Junior Cup in two weeks time.
Melbourn: P Huzzey; Smith (Wilkins), Bryan, Sell, Monahan; Burt, Walker (Collen), L Huzzey (Holl), Oglvie; A Cooper, L Cooper.