Melbourn hit Linton Granta for seven
Linton Granta A 0
Reg Haigh & Arthur Peck Cup
A FOUR-goal blitz inside the first 20 minutes helped Melbourn progress in this cup game.
Melbourn took the lead almost straight from kick off through a Russell Cooper volley before the same player doubled his tally on seven minutes with a header. Ali Oglivie scored the third goal after rounding the ‘keeper before Lee Cooper made it four from Russell Cooper’s deep cross.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn continued to press in the second half and they scored the fifth through Tom Walker before Lee Cooper scored his second of the afternoon.
Ian Burt almost scored the best goal of the game following a flowing move with a 25-yard volley which hit the crossbar. Burt got his reward for a fine performance with a neat near post finish following fine work from Stuart Smith.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
Melbourn next face Sawston Utd A in the Lower Junior Cup in two weeks time.
Melbourn: P Huzzey; Smith (Wilkins), Bryan, Sell, Monahan; Burt, Walker (Collen), L Huzzey (Holl), Oglvie; A Cooper, L Cooper.