Melbourn defeat rivals Newmarket
Melbourn Squash Club round-up
MELBOURN Squash Club’s Men’s Is beat close rivals Newmarket 4-1 last Monday evening.
Captain Paul Heath (fifth string) was first to chalk up a win before Les Stockley (fourth) also won. Ian Blows (second) wasn’t so fortunate but Dan Easton (third) won his match 3-1. Mark Oppen (first) applied the gloss with a 3-1 win to give Melbourn an overall win of 17-5.
Melbourn IIs lost 4-1 to Comberton IIs in what was a key relegation match last Wednesday.
Matt Walker (fifth), Steve Durrant (fourth), Gareth Jones and David Malinge all lost their matches while Katie Bradshaw restored some pride with an excellent 3-1 win. However Comberton ran out 18-6 winners.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Ladies produced the result of the week with a 14-8 win over second placed Saffron Walden.
Lucy Robertson (fifth) and Roberta Griggs (fourth) both lost their matches while Frances Smith (third) won her match 3-1.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Lynne Hays evened the scores with a 3-1 win of her own which meant it was down to Katie Bradshaw to give her team the win – and she didn’t disappoint with a clinical 3-0 victory.