Melbourn defeat rivals Newmarket
Melbourn Squash Club round-up
MELBOURN Squash Club’s Men’s Is beat close rivals Newmarket 4-1 last Monday evening.
Captain Paul Heath (fifth string) was first to chalk up a win before Les Stockley (fourth) also won. Ian Blows (second) wasn’t so fortunate but Dan Easton (third) won his match 3-1. Mark Oppen (first) applied the gloss with a 3-1 win to give Melbourn an overall win of 17-5.
Melbourn IIs lost 4-1 to Comberton IIs in what was a key relegation match last Wednesday.
Matt Walker (fifth), Steve Durrant (fourth), Gareth Jones and David Malinge all lost their matches while Katie Bradshaw restored some pride with an excellent 3-1 win. However Comberton ran out 18-6 winners.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn Ladies produced the result of the week with a 14-8 win over second placed Saffron Walden.
Lucy Robertson (fifth) and Roberta Griggs (fourth) both lost their matches while Frances Smith (third) won her match 3-1.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
Lynne Hays evened the scores with a 3-1 win of her own which meant it was down to Katie Bradshaw to give her team the win – and she didn’t disappoint with a clinical 3-0 victory.