Melbourn come unstuck
Melbourn U12s 0 Ashwell 3
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s failed to continue their recent good form with a 3-0 defeat at home to Ashwell.
Jack Brough saw a well struck effort narrowly miss the Ashwell goal before Steven Day came even closer as a snap shot was just tipped over by the ‘keeper.
At the other end the hard working Andrew Chitty, in the Panthers midfield, made some well timed challenges eagerly supported by Ryan Lees in defence.
With 20 minutes gone Ashwell took the lead as their left winger was allowed too much time on the ball and he finished with a well directed shot which just eluded Connor Patel in goal.
Ashwell added two further goals in the second half to win the match while Jack Morley was awarded Player of the Match for Melbourn.
- 1 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Disruption to train lines between Royston and Cambridge
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 Meet the cast of Cambridge Arts Theatre's family pantomime Aladdin
- 8 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 9 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston
- 10 Woman shaken after flasher exposes himself in alleyway