Melbourn come unstuck
Melbourn U12s 0 Ashwell 3
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s failed to continue their recent good form with a 3-0 defeat at home to Ashwell.
Jack Brough saw a well struck effort narrowly miss the Ashwell goal before Steven Day came even closer as a snap shot was just tipped over by the ‘keeper.
At the other end the hard working Andrew Chitty, in the Panthers midfield, made some well timed challenges eagerly supported by Ryan Lees in defence.
With 20 minutes gone Ashwell took the lead as their left winger was allowed too much time on the ball and he finished with a well directed shot which just eluded Connor Patel in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Ashwell added two further goals in the second half to win the match while Jack Morley was awarded Player of the Match for Melbourn.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court