MELBOURN Judo Club had an impressive trophy haul at a closed invitation event in Littleport at the weekend. Ten members took part, and came away with six gold, two silver, and two bronze. Henry Beagles, in his first event outside the club, took silver in
MELBOURN Judo Club had an impressive trophy haul at a closed invitation event in Littleport at the weekend.
Ten members took part, and came away with six gold, two silver, and two bronze.
Henry Beagles, in his first event outside the club, took silver in the boys under-27 kilo event, while the returning Cameron Ramsay fought in the under 46k category and also took a well-deserved silver.
In the boys' under-40k Oliver Wheeler showed his style and control to win a comfortable gold medal, as did Charles Triggs in the boys under-55k category.
You may also want to watch:
Kim-Michael Sorensen and David Unger both took part in the highly competitive under 60k and both won a bronze in third and fourth place respectively.
In the girls' categories, it was gold galore, with Kellie Lucken, Emma Reid, and Megan Sorensen winning 12 out of 13 in the under-40k and under-44k. Sorensen won gold in both the girls under-60k and in the open section.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
Senior club coach Leslie Reid said: "This was a fantastic team display, and totally rewards the effort that has been applied by the players and coaches at the club this year."
Derek Coult, who is also a senior club coach said: "Every single player performed to or exceeded our expectations."
- Anyone interested in joining Melbourn Judo Club, which is based at Royston Leisure Centre, should contact Derek Coult on 01763 225004.