May the force be with him! Kieran gains podium place
KIERAN Clark continued his fine Formula Jedi season by taking second place at Donnington Park, on Saturday. Following his fourth place at Silverstone and two wins at Pembrey in Wales in the 600cc class, he was again on the podium in a rain soaked race whi
KIERAN Clark continued his fine Formula Jedi season by taking second place at Donnington Park, on Saturday.
Following his fourth place at Silverstone and two wins at Pembrey in Wales in the 600cc class, he was again on the podium in a rain soaked race which had visibility down to zero.
Clark qualified on pole with a time of one minute 16 seconds, a second faster than second place driver Impy.
Qualifying was dry and all the drivers spent their qualifying sessions learning the track, unfortunately the heavens opened just before the race and wet tyres were the order of the day.
Clark had a poor start letting three of the faster 1000cc drivers get between him and second place driver, this let Impy build up a commanding 16 second lead.
However he fought back and narrowed the gap down to just four seconds at the end of the 20 minute session.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
The 17-year-old said "it's a good result for me as this still leaves me leading the championship by two points
"Our next round is at Snetterton and its another double header.
We have a newly rebuilt engine to run in on Friday testing which should make me even quicker.