May the force be with him! Kieran gains podium place
KIERAN Clark continued his fine Formula Jedi season by taking second place at Donnington Park, on Saturday. Following his fourth place at Silverstone and two wins at Pembrey in Wales in the 600cc class, he was again on the podium in a rain soaked race whi
KIERAN Clark continued his fine Formula Jedi season by taking second place at Donnington Park, on Saturday.
Following his fourth place at Silverstone and two wins at Pembrey in Wales in the 600cc class, he was again on the podium in a rain soaked race which had visibility down to zero.
Clark qualified on pole with a time of one minute 16 seconds, a second faster than second place driver Impy.
Qualifying was dry and all the drivers spent their qualifying sessions learning the track, unfortunately the heavens opened just before the race and wet tyres were the order of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Clark had a poor start letting three of the faster 1000cc drivers get between him and second place driver, this let Impy build up a commanding 16 second lead.
However he fought back and narrowed the gap down to just four seconds at the end of the 20 minute session.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
The 17-year-old said "it's a good result for me as this still leaves me leading the championship by two points
"Our next round is at Snetterton and its another double header.
We have a newly rebuilt engine to run in on Friday testing which should make me even quicker.