May the force be with him! Kieran gains podium place
KIERAN Clark continued his fine Formula Jedi season by taking second place at Donnington Park, on Saturday. Following his fourth place at Silverstone and two wins at Pembrey in Wales in the 600cc class, he was again on the podium in a rain soaked race whi
KIERAN Clark continued his fine Formula Jedi season by taking second place at Donnington Park, on Saturday.
Following his fourth place at Silverstone and two wins at Pembrey in Wales in the 600cc class, he was again on the podium in a rain soaked race which had visibility down to zero.
Clark qualified on pole with a time of one minute 16 seconds, a second faster than second place driver Impy.
Qualifying was dry and all the drivers spent their qualifying sessions learning the track, unfortunately the heavens opened just before the race and wet tyres were the order of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Clark had a poor start letting three of the faster 1000cc drivers get between him and second place driver, this let Impy build up a commanding 16 second lead.
However he fought back and narrowed the gap down to just four seconds at the end of the 20 minute session.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
The 17-year-old said "it's a good result for me as this still leaves me leading the championship by two points
"Our next round is at Snetterton and its another double header.
We have a newly rebuilt engine to run in on Friday testing which should make me even quicker.