Matt, 16, Rolls up for award
ONE of Hertfordshire s top young bowls players has attended the English Bowling Association Presentation and collected his Championship Cup. Sixteen-year-old Matt Coppen of Kingsway, Royston, is widely regarded as one of the country s leading bowling tal
ONE of Hertfordshire's top young bowls players has attended the English Bowling Association Presentation and collected his Championship Cup.
Sixteen-year-old Matt Coppen of Kingsway, Royston, is widely regarded as one of the country's leading bowling talents, and despite his age is already the National Under 25s singles champion.
Matt who plays for Royston Bowling Club, travelled to the Connought Rooms in West London in a Rolls Royce to collect the award.
At the presentations Matt also received his light blue England Blazer and his England tie and badge.
You may also want to watch:
Matt's mum Liz said: "This is the first big national trophy that Matt has won and he was absolutely delighted to have won the trophy.
"It was a great night when he received the award, which is a very big thing for him.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
"But he's very cool and collected and took it all in his stride.
"We are very proud, especially as he's been selected to play for England.
"He's very talented and we hope he can keep doing well."
As a result of his National Under 25 title, Matt has now been selected to play for the England under-25 team that will travel to Perth in Scotland next summer for the British Championships.