Manson strike earns Cheetahs a draw
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Yellows 1 Letchworth Eagles Oranges 1 Under-10s THIS game was played on a very sticky surface after heavy rain and a previous game and both sides struggled to find any rhythm. Although Knebworth had a couple of half chances, with
Knebworth Youth Cheetahs Yellows 1 Letchworth Eagles Oranges 1
THIS game was played on a very sticky surface after heavy rain and a previous game and both sides struggled to find any rhythm.
Although Knebworth had a couple of half chances, with Ryan Manson going close twice, the visitors defended well and started to create their own chances.
The introduction of Robson Moss and Thomas Porter gave the Cheetahs fresh impetus and Katie McLaughlin went close with two efforts in the area and Robson Moss created another for Taylor Wilson but he found the side-netting.
In the second half the home team took the lead when Manson ran onto a cross from the left to smash it home first time with the outside of his boot low into the corner of the net.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Letchworth almost equalised with an effort against the bar and they continued to work hard and got their reward in time added on when their striker raced clear of two defenders and struck a lovely shot from outside the area that sailed high and over the 'keeper.
The two teams meet again in the League Cup in two weeks time and the Knebworth coaches will be looking for an improved performance, but take nothing away from Letchworth today as they fully deserved their draw.
Overall it has been a good November with the Cheetahs unbeaten and on a run that has seen them lose only once in the last nine games, which has seen them climb the table in Division A and also progress in the County Cup.