Mallory Park joy as Wilkinson seals series
HALLOWEEN 1999 saw Adam Wilkinson take his first win in motor racing at Mallory Park in Leicestershire. Nearly eight years later, Wilkinson, pictured, returned to Mallory Park to win the Sports Racing and GT Challenge Series – a victory that saw him take
HALLOWEEN 1999 saw Adam Wilkinson take his first win in motor racing at Mallory Park in Leicestershire.
Nearly eight years later, Wilkinson, pictured, returned to Mallory Park to win the Sports Racing and GT Challenge Series - a victory that saw him take the class championship.
After finishing the qualifying round in 11th place, Wilkinson was only 0.08 seconds behind his nearest championship rival Jon Suckling, in order to take the title.
The Melbourn racer, in his 1300cc Westfield 11 car, then got off to a great start and overtook Suckling with ease.
You may also want to watch:
With racers fighting for places, the first bend ended in with a host of drivers taking to the grass, which gave Wilkinson a 15 second advantage over Sucking.
Wilkinson settled down and kept his place ahead of his rival and finished in a comfortable seventh position, which was enough to secure his class title.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall