Magnum success for classy Masters
Baldock Town 6 Magnum 1 TOWN got back to winning ways at the weekend and completed the league double with 6-1 victories home and away in the league over the Premier Division s bottom club Magnum. The Reds were in front in the sixth minute when a flowing m
Baldock Town 6 Magnum 1
TOWN got back to winning ways at the weekend and completed the league double with 6-1 victories home and away in the league over the Premier Division's bottom club Magnum.
The Reds were in front in the sixth minute when a flowing move saw Paul Martin and Lee Rusbridge combine down the right, to find Adam Shelley unmarked in the box.
Mark Nunn doubled the Baldock lead after 25 minutes when Rusbridge played him through 25 yards out.
You may also want to watch:
With the defence backing away, the in-form striker struck a low drive past the advancing keeper.
Within a minute Baldock added a third, when Michael Masters got in behind the defence and crossed for Rusbridge to tap in from six yards.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
Masters then had a couple of chances himself, but failed to convert when put through.
Cameron Brawley did make it four moments later, when a Rusbridge cross found his head with a thumping effort past the Magnum keeper.
In the second-half Masters went close again after more good work from Rushbridge.
Baldock finally wrapped things up with seven minutes remaining, after Masters caused more problems for the away side. After winning possession deep in his own half, Masters played a pass to the tireless Nunn, who then found Sam Crow unmarked. Crow controlled the ball and finished with a fine strike.
Masters then rounded off a great performance with his own strike in the closing stages of the match. The win maintained Baldock's second place in the league table.