Magnum success for classy Masters
Baldock Town 6 Magnum 1 TOWN got back to winning ways at the weekend and completed the league double with 6-1 victories home and away in the league over the Premier Division s bottom club Magnum. The Reds were in front in the sixth minute when a flowing m
Baldock Town 6 Magnum 1
TOWN got back to winning ways at the weekend and completed the league double with 6-1 victories home and away in the league over the Premier Division's bottom club Magnum.
The Reds were in front in the sixth minute when a flowing move saw Paul Martin and Lee Rusbridge combine down the right, to find Adam Shelley unmarked in the box.
Mark Nunn doubled the Baldock lead after 25 minutes when Rusbridge played him through 25 yards out.
With the defence backing away, the in-form striker struck a low drive past the advancing keeper.
Within a minute Baldock added a third, when Michael Masters got in behind the defence and crossed for Rusbridge to tap in from six yards.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 4 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
Masters then had a couple of chances himself, but failed to convert when put through.
Cameron Brawley did make it four moments later, when a Rusbridge cross found his head with a thumping effort past the Magnum keeper.
In the second-half Masters went close again after more good work from Rushbridge.
Baldock finally wrapped things up with seven minutes remaining, after Masters caused more problems for the away side. After winning possession deep in his own half, Masters played a pass to the tireless Nunn, who then found Sam Crow unmarked. Crow controlled the ball and finished with a fine strike.
Masters then rounded off a great performance with his own strike in the closing stages of the match. The win maintained Baldock's second place in the league table.