Magnificent Victoria sparkles
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman shone as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday. Paxman, pictured, won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls breaststroke races and helped the under-13
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman shone as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday.
Paxman, pictured, won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls' breaststroke races and helped the under-13 and under 15-girls sweep the board in their medley and freestyle relays.
Coach David Carr was delighted as Buntingford's swimmers won eight out of 50 races and logged 11 personal best times.
"Victoria did extremely well to win under-13 and under-15 races," he said. "The girls' relay teams were also outstanding. Both the under-13 and under-15 girls won all their races.
You may also want to watch:
"We were only one point behind the second-placed team and we had a lot of swimmers racing above their age category. I was very pleased with them.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims