Magnificent Victoria sparkles
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman shone as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday. Paxman, pictured, won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls breaststroke races and helped the under-13
ELEVEN-year-old Victoria Paxman shone as Buntingford Swimming Club clinched third place in the MagiKats Challenge Cup at Borehamwood on Saturday.
Paxman, pictured, won the under-13 and under-15 individual girls' breaststroke races and helped the under-13 and under 15-girls sweep the board in their medley and freestyle relays.
Coach David Carr was delighted as Buntingford's swimmers won eight out of 50 races and logged 11 personal best times.
"Victoria did extremely well to win under-13 and under-15 races," he said. "The girls' relay teams were also outstanding. Both the under-13 and under-15 girls won all their races.
You may also want to watch:
"We were only one point behind the second-placed team and we had a lot of swimmers racing above their age category. I was very pleased with them.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire