Magnificent 16 for Hormead Hares
Hatfield Youth 0 Hormead Hares Black 16 Under-11s Danny Spinks Memorial Trophy SCORING almost three times as many goals against Hatfield Youth in one match than they have scored all season, Hormead Hares celebrated a memorable 16-0 victory at the weekend.
Hatfield Youth 0 Hormead Hares Black 16
Under-11s Danny Spinks Memorial Trophy
SCORING almost three times as many goals against Hatfield Youth in one match than they have scored all season, Hormead Hares celebrated a memorable 16-0 victory at the weekend.
Strike partners Owen Hughes (five) and Michael Hicks (four) were rampant and racked up eight of their nine goals before half time, and the only thing which stopped their flow were enforced periods in goal during the second half to allow the rest of the team a chance to score.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielders Joseph de Souza (three), Elliot Rowe (one), Benji Wrigley (one) and Charlie Gates (one) also demonstrated their goal scoring prowess, while even the defenders wanted to get on the score sheet as Jake Stoten scored a magnificent goal with power and accuracy.
Cameron Courtman-Stock made repeated breaks down the left wing while Alex Starks and Jack Congrave went close as they broke down the middle.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
George Berrett kept a wary vigil on the halfway line to make sure that no breakaway move would threaten anyone of the team's four rotating goalkeepers.