Magnificent 16 for Hormead Hares
Hatfield Youth 0 Hormead Hares Black 16 Under-11s Danny Spinks Memorial Trophy SCORING almost three times as many goals against Hatfield Youth in one match than they have scored all season, Hormead Hares celebrated a memorable 16-0 victory at the weekend.
Hatfield Youth 0 Hormead Hares Black 16
Under-11s Danny Spinks Memorial Trophy
SCORING almost three times as many goals against Hatfield Youth in one match than they have scored all season, Hormead Hares celebrated a memorable 16-0 victory at the weekend.
Strike partners Owen Hughes (five) and Michael Hicks (four) were rampant and racked up eight of their nine goals before half time, and the only thing which stopped their flow were enforced periods in goal during the second half to allow the rest of the team a chance to score.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielders Joseph de Souza (three), Elliot Rowe (one), Benji Wrigley (one) and Charlie Gates (one) also demonstrated their goal scoring prowess, while even the defenders wanted to get on the score sheet as Jake Stoten scored a magnificent goal with power and accuracy.
Cameron Courtman-Stock made repeated breaks down the left wing while Alex Starks and Jack Congrave went close as they broke down the middle.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
George Berrett kept a wary vigil on the halfway line to make sure that no breakaway move would threaten anyone of the team's four rotating goalkeepers.