Steeple Morden (90-5) beat Helions Bumpstead (89 all out) by five wickets Steeple Morden had a comfortable five-wicket victory over Helions Bumpstead to keep up the pressure at the top of the table. Duncan Warner again won the toss and put the home side
Steeple Morden (90-5) beat Helions Bumpstead (89 all out) by five wickets
Steeple Morden had a comfortable five-wicket victory over Helions Bumpstead to keep up the pressure at the top of the table.
Duncan Warner again won the toss and put the home side into bat. Good opening spells by Richard King 1-11 and Jack Tidey 0-8 kept the early run rate down, but it was the introduction of James Sandford (5-2-23-3) and Martin Osborne (9-2-24-4) who exploited the drying wicket as Bumpstead crashed to 89 all out.
Morden then made the worst possible start losing Paul Jarman and Tidey in the first over.
You may also want to watch:
The dependable King was joined by Bill Sandford and they took the score to 45 before Sandford went for 17, Andy Wilson 10 and then King (30) fell in the space of five balls leaving Morden on 64-5.
However, this did not worry young James Sandford (16no) and Mark Newland (4no) as they knocked the required runs inside four overs taking Morden to victory with 10 overs to spare.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place