Steeple Morden (90-5) beat Helions Bumpstead (89 all out) by five wickets Steeple Morden had a comfortable five-wicket victory over Helions Bumpstead to keep up the pressure at the top of the table. Duncan Warner again won the toss and put the home side
Steeple Morden (90-5) beat Helions Bumpstead (89 all out) by five wickets
Steeple Morden had a comfortable five-wicket victory over Helions Bumpstead to keep up the pressure at the top of the table.
Duncan Warner again won the toss and put the home side into bat. Good opening spells by Richard King 1-11 and Jack Tidey 0-8 kept the early run rate down, but it was the introduction of James Sandford (5-2-23-3) and Martin Osborne (9-2-24-4) who exploited the drying wicket as Bumpstead crashed to 89 all out.
Morden then made the worst possible start losing Paul Jarman and Tidey in the first over.
The dependable King was joined by Bill Sandford and they took the score to 45 before Sandford went for 17, Andy Wilson 10 and then King (30) fell in the space of five balls leaving Morden on 64-5.
However, this did not worry young James Sandford (16no) and Mark Newland (4no) as they knocked the required runs inside four overs taking Morden to victory with 10 overs to spare.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 10 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner