Steeple Morden (90-5) beat Helions Bumpstead (89 all out) by five wickets Steeple Morden had a comfortable five-wicket victory over Helions Bumpstead to keep up the pressure at the top of the table. Duncan Warner again won the toss and put the home side
Steeple Morden (90-5) beat Helions Bumpstead (89 all out) by five wickets
Steeple Morden had a comfortable five-wicket victory over Helions Bumpstead to keep up the pressure at the top of the table.
Duncan Warner again won the toss and put the home side into bat. Good opening spells by Richard King 1-11 and Jack Tidey 0-8 kept the early run rate down, but it was the introduction of James Sandford (5-2-23-3) and Martin Osborne (9-2-24-4) who exploited the drying wicket as Bumpstead crashed to 89 all out.
Morden then made the worst possible start losing Paul Jarman and Tidey in the first over.
You may also want to watch:
The dependable King was joined by Bill Sandford and they took the score to 45 before Sandford went for 17, Andy Wilson 10 and then King (30) fell in the space of five balls leaving Morden on 64-5.
However, this did not worry young James Sandford (16no) and Mark Newland (4no) as they knocked the required runs inside four overs taking Morden to victory with 10 overs to spare.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe