Luton Town deal for Royston’s Berry
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s Luke Berry has signed a three-year deal with Luton Town.
The former Bassingbourn Village College student joined from Cambridge United for an undisclosed fee and came off the bench to help the Hatters hit back from two goals down to draw 2-2 at Mansfield on Saturday.
“I feel Luton can really push on this season and get promoted, get back in League One and hopefully keep progressing from there,” Berry, 25, told the Luton club website.
“It’s a club on the up. It’s not settling on this and wants to keep improving, like myself. I want to keep improving with the club.”
Luton manager Nathan Jones said: “Luke is a player who has been prolific at this level and fits the mould of what we want here.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s young, ambitious, technically good, he gets goals so we’re delighted to have him. He adds an attacking option for us from a midfield area and is someone we’ve admired a long time.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange