Luton Town deal for Royston’s Berry
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s Luke Berry has signed a three-year deal with Luton Town.
The former Bassingbourn Village College student joined from Cambridge United for an undisclosed fee and came off the bench to help the Hatters hit back from two goals down to draw 2-2 at Mansfield on Saturday.
“I feel Luton can really push on this season and get promoted, get back in League One and hopefully keep progressing from there,” Berry, 25, told the Luton club website.
“It’s a club on the up. It’s not settling on this and wants to keep improving, like myself. I want to keep improving with the club.”
Luton manager Nathan Jones said: “Luke is a player who has been prolific at this level and fits the mould of what we want here.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s young, ambitious, technically good, he gets goals so we’re delighted to have him. He adds an attacking option for us from a midfield area and is someone we’ve admired a long time.”
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 9 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote