Luke's like a great display
ROYSTON youngster Luke Bailey won Royston Golf Club s junior open stableford. The county under-12 player scored an impressive 46 points, with Darren Dunbavin of Newmarket coming second. Fellow Royston golfers Jonathon Windle and Jordan Hardwidge finished
ROYSTON youngster Luke Bailey won Royston Golf Club's junior open stableford.
The county under-12 player scored an impressive 46 points, with Darren Dunbavin of Newmarket coming second.
Fellow Royston golfers Jonathon Windle and Jordan Hardwidge finished third and fourth respectively.
The club's monthly stableford was won by Stuart Knight with 40 points, ahead of Jim Hopkins on 37 points. Keith Woods was close behind with 36 points.
The junior medal was also up for grabs, won by Tom Porter with 89 less 19, net 70.
Jonathon Windle was second with 94 less 21, net 74, ahead of Daniel Smith who secured 94 less 20, net 74.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
Robert Clark and Mick Joyner claimed the club's men's four ball stableford, with Nigel Thomas and Nick Leah second, ahead of Jason Nolan and Martin Pendrick, who finished third.
Graham Toby and Marjory Humphreys won the Johnson Matthey mixed competition with 42 points. Robin Coles and Kathy Caunte finished some distance behind on 35.