Luke Eades inspires Panthers to victory
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 Manuden 1 Under-11s Division Three A CLOSE encounter at Shepreth saw the Panthers notch their eleventh straight win in the league. The first half was a close affair with limited chances during the first 10 minutes but after a s
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 Manuden 1
Under-11s Division Three
A CLOSE encounter at Shepreth saw the Panthers notch their eleventh straight win in the league.
The first half was a close affair with limited chances during the first 10 minutes but after a succession of corners it was Manuden who took the lead on 11 minutes when a right wing cross was partially cleared by Jack Morley only for a Manuden striker to toe poke the opener.
You may also want to watch:
The Panthers' response was immediate forcing three corners in as many minutes, the third of which brought Melbourn their equaliser.
Ryan Lees connected with a looping header from Josh Hutton's corner and somehow the defender headed off the line only for the ball to fall to the dangerous George Storey who slammed home from close range.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
The second half was more one sided as Melbourn got to grips with game as both Tommy Hollway and Luke Eades started to find space in the midfield area.
After 10 minutes of the second half, man-of-the-match Eades put Melbourn 2-1 up with a quality right foot finish from just inside the box after a scramble from a corner.
A few minutes later it was 3-1 as Eades showed he can shoot with either foot after a brilliant left foot finish in the top corner.
The Manuden 'keeper was in superb form denying Melbourn more goals with a succession of quality saves, however he could only stand a watch as Storey hit a thunderous right foot shot from the edge of the area to seal a good win against a quality Manuden side.