Luke Eades inspires Panthers to victory
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 Manuden 1 Under-11s Division Three A CLOSE encounter at Shepreth saw the Panthers notch their eleventh straight win in the league. The first half was a close affair with limited chances during the first 10 minutes but after a s
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 4 Manuden 1
Under-11s Division Three
A CLOSE encounter at Shepreth saw the Panthers notch their eleventh straight win in the league.
The first half was a close affair with limited chances during the first 10 minutes but after a succession of corners it was Manuden who took the lead on 11 minutes when a right wing cross was partially cleared by Jack Morley only for a Manuden striker to toe poke the opener.
You may also want to watch:
The Panthers' response was immediate forcing three corners in as many minutes, the third of which brought Melbourn their equaliser.
Ryan Lees connected with a looping header from Josh Hutton's corner and somehow the defender headed off the line only for the ball to fall to the dangerous George Storey who slammed home from close range.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The second half was more one sided as Melbourn got to grips with game as both Tommy Hollway and Luke Eades started to find space in the midfield area.
After 10 minutes of the second half, man-of-the-match Eades put Melbourn 2-1 up with a quality right foot finish from just inside the box after a scramble from a corner.
A few minutes later it was 3-1 as Eades showed he can shoot with either foot after a brilliant left foot finish in the top corner.
The Manuden 'keeper was in superb form denying Melbourn more goals with a succession of quality saves, however he could only stand a watch as Storey hit a thunderous right foot shot from the edge of the area to seal a good win against a quality Manuden side.