Louwers and Russell fire Royston to win
Royston 2 Bishop's Stortford II 0 GOALS from Ralf Louwers and Owen Russell sealed an excellent home win over Bishop s Stortford on Saturday. In a tightly contested game the hosts took the lead from Louwers short corner strike. Stortford continued to sear
Royston 2 Bishop's Stortford II 0
GOALS from Ralf Louwers and Owen Russell sealed an excellent home win over Bishop's Stortford on Saturday.
In a tightly contested game the hosts took the lead from Louwers' short corner strike.
Stortford continued to search for the equaliser, which remained elusive due to some strong Royston defending and fine saves by Chris Markham, and Royston picked them off when Russell put the match beyond the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Royston II 0 Bishop's Stortford IV 2
Royston, despite solid defending by Ian Harper, went into the break 1-0 down and with 10 minutes remaining conceded a second.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
Royston III 1 Vauxhall Chiltern II 1
Royston Thirds hosted Vauxhall Seconds in an end-to-end game. Both games in the second half, which Vauxhall started the better, and Royston went behind before Nick Freeman equalised.
Royston IV 5 Potters Bar II 1
This was a great win for the fourth team with goals coming from Richard Wilson, Nigel Philips (two) and Paul Bloomfield (two).
Royston V 0 Potters Bar III 3
Royston came away from North London disappointed but positive that many players had improved, particularly Mike Priest and right midfield Bailey Farmer.