Louis breaks Baldock hearts
Royston Town Colts U-12 5 Baldock Town Colts U-12 1 ROYSTON S Louis Townsend dashed Baldock s title chances on Sunday by hitting a hat-trick – including two penalties. Baldock visited the Heath knowing that a win would put them into the play-off for the
Royston Town Colts U-12 5 Baldock Town Colts U-12 1
ROYSTON'S Louis Townsend dashed Baldock's title chances on Sunday by hitting a hat-trick - including two penalties.
Baldock visited the Heath knowing that a win would put them into the play-off for the league title, and had everything to play for.
However, it was the hosts who started off the strongest, and Royston were soon celebrating when Kieran Willis-Wright headed in an Ellis King corner.
The visitors went in search of an equaliser, but found Royston goalkeeper and man-of-the-match Owen Bentley in fine form.
At the other end Matt Brennan and Jake Booth worked hard to create chances, with the Royston forwards piling on the pressure.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Under the cosh, the Baldock defence began to panic and as a result gave away a penalty, which was calmly taken by Townsend to make it 2-0.
Willis-Wright and King then combined to send the rampaging Brennan through, with the midfielder smashing the ball home in style.
Townsend then grabbed his second, meeting a well-placed free-kick with another cool finish.
Baldock made a brief comeback and snatched a consolation just before half time.
In the second half, Royston came out strongly and within minutes created a number of chances.
And it was Townsend who made it five, when Baldock gave away another sloppy penalty.
Both King and Booth had chances to increase the Royston lead, but they had already done enough to secure victory, and shatter Baldock's hopes of winning the league.