Long journey worth it for Royston Ladies hockey side
Royston Ladies hockey 1sts’ journey to Skegness to take on Alford & District was a worthwhile one as they returned home with a 4-2 triumph.
The opening goal of the game came courtesy of an Alford own goal, and Royston increased it to 2-0 when Kirsty Mckenzie found some space and passed the ball to Ruth Askham who found the top right hand corner of the goal.
Royston’s third goal was a great solo effort from Sophie Gathercole who eliminated several defenders before finding the back of the goal. Alford then hit back and the score at half-time was 3-1.
During the second half Royston were put under some pressure in their own half, but some well timed tackles and patient defending from Harriet Barker and Harriet Shipley kept Royston in the game.
The final goal came from a joint effort from forwards Lucy Richardson and Julie Walsh.
You may also want to watch:
Walsh was the one who finished the goal and secured the 4-2 win for the visitors.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge