Lode of problems spoil the party for Barley
BARLEY S 125th anniversary celebrations didn t go to plan, with defeat at the hands of Bottisham and Lode. Bottisham won the toss and decided to bowl first, with Barley s Walters, Busby, and Symes all falling in the first five overs, as the fast bowling o
BARLEY'S 125th anniversary celebrations didn't go to plan, with defeat at the hands of Bottisham and Lode.
Bottisham won the toss and decided to bowl first, with Barley's Walters, Busby, and Symes all falling in the first five overs, as the fast bowling of Bradford (5-14-3) took its toll.
This left Chris Markham to take on the bowling attack and he hit 32 with some big shots to the boundary.
At 79-8 with only 22 overs played, Eric Davis and Mike Ross turned the game around as Davis cut and drove his way to 46, while Ross hit 30 in one over on the way to 43.
You may also want to watch:
Dunkerly and Chuck chipped in with 17 and 15 runs respectively before Barley finished on a respectable 191 all out.
The homes side's Ross then attacked the Bottisham batsmen taking two wickets in the first four overs, with Chuck and Symes also keeping the runs down and wickets falling.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
However, it was Bottisham's Darling who was proving the danger, as he quietly chalked up an impressive 62.
With the damage already done, Poulfer's 72 not out saw Bottisham home at 194-7 in the 38th over.
- Barley continued their anniversary celebrations with a game against Cambs over-50s on Sunday.
Chris Markham (65) saw them to 195-3 off 40 overs, with Jason Busby 54 not out.
In reply, Cambs' Baker swept his way to a well-deserved 63 before he was stumped by Andy Hunt.
Cambs were all out in the 37th over.