Littlechild is number one club champ
FOLLOWING on from a successful competition in Royston, the DC Boxing club are celebrating another success – their first champion. Thirteen-year-old Shane Littlechild beat Steve Middleton of Great Yarmouth to become the club s first Eastern Counties Champ
FOLLOWING on from a successful competition in Royston, the DC Boxing club are celebrating another success - their first champion.
Thirteen-year-old Shane Littlechild beat Steve Middleton of Great Yarmouth to become the club's first Eastern Counties Champion.
The youngster is held in high regard by his club's coaches and is considered a bright prospect for the future.
Coach Scott Barrett said: "Shane is very talented indeed, and this win really puts the club on the map.
"He beat another good boxer on unanimous points and will now go into the national quarter-finals in three weeks time.
"He will now meet a lad from Leeds and we hope he can make it into the final - we think he can go all the way.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 6 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
"The club has only just been formed and Shane is our first champion. We are all very proud of him and he goes into the club's history books."
The club which is based in Cambridge, received a £3,500 sponsorship lift from its Royston competition.
Barrett said: "It's a great boost for the club, and the future looks very promising.