Littlechild is number one club champ
FOLLOWING on from a successful competition in Royston, the DC Boxing club are celebrating another success – their first champion. Thirteen-year-old Shane Littlechild beat Steve Middleton of Great Yarmouth to become the club s first Eastern Counties Champ
FOLLOWING on from a successful competition in Royston, the DC Boxing club are celebrating another success - their first champion.
Thirteen-year-old Shane Littlechild beat Steve Middleton of Great Yarmouth to become the club's first Eastern Counties Champion.
The youngster is held in high regard by his club's coaches and is considered a bright prospect for the future.
Coach Scott Barrett said: "Shane is very talented indeed, and this win really puts the club on the map.
You may also want to watch:
"He beat another good boxer on unanimous points and will now go into the national quarter-finals in three weeks time.
"He will now meet a lad from Leeds and we hope he can make it into the final - we think he can go all the way.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
"The club has only just been formed and Shane is our first champion. We are all very proud of him and he goes into the club's history books."
The club which is based in Cambridge, received a £3,500 sponsorship lift from its Royston competition.
Barrett said: "It's a great boost for the club, and the future looks very promising.