Little rescues point for Celtic
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop s Stortford Swifts 3 In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team. Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down. Thi
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop's Stortford Swifts 3
In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team.
Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down.
This seemed to kick start Celtic's game and some resolute defending from stalwarts Jack Logan, Ryan Smith, Jake O'Brien and Josh Sartini kept the Stortford team at bay until just before half time when an opportunist shot somehow found its way into the corner of the net past the outstretched hand of Matthew Houghton in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Celtics went 2-0 down at half time despite hitting the bar through Scott Batchelor.
The second half again proved that football is a game of two halves and saw Celtic start at pace and some neat interchange play between Mason Barnes and man-of-the-match Kye Birks saw George Pemberton step up and slot the ball into the Stortford net.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Celtic continued to pressure and went close before Stortford broke away and forced a fine save from Houghton in goal. The resulting corner saw the ball scrambled over the line.
Celtic continued to pressure and saw Conner Little brought into the fold with almost immediate effect when he turned in the box and was brought down. The resulting penalty was confidently put away by Logan.
Celtic continued to pressure and a direct ball over the top found Little in space and he buried a well driven shot home to draw the teams level.
Celtic again went close through Birks but couldn't find the net in the closing minutes of the game.