Little rescues point for Celtic
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop s Stortford Swifts 3 In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team. Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down. Thi
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop's Stortford Swifts 3
In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team.
Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down.
This seemed to kick start Celtic's game and some resolute defending from stalwarts Jack Logan, Ryan Smith, Jake O'Brien and Josh Sartini kept the Stortford team at bay until just before half time when an opportunist shot somehow found its way into the corner of the net past the outstretched hand of Matthew Houghton in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Celtics went 2-0 down at half time despite hitting the bar through Scott Batchelor.
The second half again proved that football is a game of two halves and saw Celtic start at pace and some neat interchange play between Mason Barnes and man-of-the-match Kye Birks saw George Pemberton step up and slot the ball into the Stortford net.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Celtic continued to pressure and went close before Stortford broke away and forced a fine save from Houghton in goal. The resulting corner saw the ball scrambled over the line.
Celtic continued to pressure and saw Conner Little brought into the fold with almost immediate effect when he turned in the box and was brought down. The resulting penalty was confidently put away by Logan.
Celtic continued to pressure and a direct ball over the top found Little in space and he buried a well driven shot home to draw the teams level.
Celtic again went close through Birks but couldn't find the net in the closing minutes of the game.