Little rescues point for Celtic
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop s Stortford Swifts 3 In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team. Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down. Thi
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop's Stortford Swifts 3
In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team.
Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down.
This seemed to kick start Celtic's game and some resolute defending from stalwarts Jack Logan, Ryan Smith, Jake O'Brien and Josh Sartini kept the Stortford team at bay until just before half time when an opportunist shot somehow found its way into the corner of the net past the outstretched hand of Matthew Houghton in goal.
Celtics went 2-0 down at half time despite hitting the bar through Scott Batchelor.
The second half again proved that football is a game of two halves and saw Celtic start at pace and some neat interchange play between Mason Barnes and man-of-the-match Kye Birks saw George Pemberton step up and slot the ball into the Stortford net.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Celtic continued to pressure and went close before Stortford broke away and forced a fine save from Houghton in goal. The resulting corner saw the ball scrambled over the line.
Celtic continued to pressure and saw Conner Little brought into the fold with almost immediate effect when he turned in the box and was brought down. The resulting penalty was confidently put away by Logan.
Celtic continued to pressure and a direct ball over the top found Little in space and he buried a well driven shot home to draw the teams level.
Celtic again went close through Birks but couldn't find the net in the closing minutes of the game.