Little rescues point for Celtic
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop s Stortford Swifts 3 In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team. Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down. Thi
Royston Celtic 3 Bishop's Stortford Swifts 3
In an end-to-end match Celtic came from 2-0 down to rescue a well deserved point against a good Stortford team.
Celtic suffered an early set back against the run of play and found themselves one goal down.
This seemed to kick start Celtic's game and some resolute defending from stalwarts Jack Logan, Ryan Smith, Jake O'Brien and Josh Sartini kept the Stortford team at bay until just before half time when an opportunist shot somehow found its way into the corner of the net past the outstretched hand of Matthew Houghton in goal.
Celtics went 2-0 down at half time despite hitting the bar through Scott Batchelor.
The second half again proved that football is a game of two halves and saw Celtic start at pace and some neat interchange play between Mason Barnes and man-of-the-match Kye Birks saw George Pemberton step up and slot the ball into the Stortford net.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Celtic continued to pressure and went close before Stortford broke away and forced a fine save from Houghton in goal. The resulting corner saw the ball scrambled over the line.
Celtic continued to pressure and saw Conner Little brought into the fold with almost immediate effect when he turned in the box and was brought down. The resulting penalty was confidently put away by Logan.
Celtic continued to pressure and a direct ball over the top found Little in space and he buried a well driven shot home to draw the teams level.
Celtic again went close through Birks but couldn't find the net in the closing minutes of the game.