Litlington racer takes BTRDA Clubman’s Rallycross Championship
- Credit: Archant
Litlington resident Todd Crooks has come through to win the 2015 BTRDA Clubman’s Rallycross Championship.
Looking to build on his finals win at Blyton Park in Lincolnshire the month before, Crooks entered the final round of the championship at Croft in Yorkshire in his 2015 Mini Cooper S.
Despite the weather conditions, Crooks, level on points with Gary Cook at the top of the championship standings before the race, managed to place consistently in the qualifying heats securing a position in the final amongst drivers from Norway, Belgium, Ireland and the UK.
On race day, he then delivered a fifth place finish to usurp Cook, David Ewin and fellow competitors to take the points required to win the championship.
This was an immense achievement for Crooks, the team and sponsors SG Haulage LTD. following the mass rebuild of the car which took place last winter.
You may also want to watch:
Crooks is already looking forward to defending his title in the 2016 Clubman’s championship.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event