Litlington racer takes BTRDA Clubman’s Rallycross Championship
- Credit: Archant
Litlington resident Todd Crooks has come through to win the 2015 BTRDA Clubman’s Rallycross Championship.
Looking to build on his finals win at Blyton Park in Lincolnshire the month before, Crooks entered the final round of the championship at Croft in Yorkshire in his 2015 Mini Cooper S.
Despite the weather conditions, Crooks, level on points with Gary Cook at the top of the championship standings before the race, managed to place consistently in the qualifying heats securing a position in the final amongst drivers from Norway, Belgium, Ireland and the UK.
On race day, he then delivered a fifth place finish to usurp Cook, David Ewin and fellow competitors to take the points required to win the championship.
This was an immense achievement for Crooks, the team and sponsors SG Haulage LTD. following the mass rebuild of the car which took place last winter.
You may also want to watch:
Crooks is already looking forward to defending his title in the 2016 Clubman’s championship.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images