Litlington must settle for a point
LITLINGTON let slip a two-goal lead to draw their opening BIS division 4A match at Sawston Rovers 2-2. With the slope and wind behind them in the first half, Litlington took the lead after Paul Harris latched on to Ash Hawkins slide-rule pass. The visito
LITLINGTON let slip a two-goal lead to draw their opening BIS division 4A match at Sawston Rovers 2-2.
With the slope and wind behind them in the first half, Litlington took the lead after Paul Harris latched on to Ash Hawkins' slide-rule pass.
The visitors quickly extended their lead through James Evans and proceeded to dominate the rest of the first-half.
Liam Butler, Afser Choudhury, Evans and Harris all came close to scoring a third for Litlington but when half-time arrived the score was still 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Despite having a two-goal cushion, the visitors started the second half nervously and Sawston quickly pulled one back through an unfortunate Hawkins own goal.
The home side soon levelled matters and although both sides had chances to win the match honours ended even after 90 minutes.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
Litlington's next match is a home encounter against Orwell on Saturday.