Litlington must settle for a point
LITLINGTON let slip a two-goal lead to draw their opening BIS division 4A match at Sawston Rovers 2-2. With the slope and wind behind them in the first half, Litlington took the lead after Paul Harris latched on to Ash Hawkins slide-rule pass. The visito
LITLINGTON let slip a two-goal lead to draw their opening BIS division 4A match at Sawston Rovers 2-2.
With the slope and wind behind them in the first half, Litlington took the lead after Paul Harris latched on to Ash Hawkins' slide-rule pass.
The visitors quickly extended their lead through James Evans and proceeded to dominate the rest of the first-half.
Liam Butler, Afser Choudhury, Evans and Harris all came close to scoring a third for Litlington but when half-time arrived the score was still 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Despite having a two-goal cushion, the visitors started the second half nervously and Sawston quickly pulled one back through an unfortunate Hawkins own goal.
The home side soon levelled matters and although both sides had chances to win the match honours ended even after 90 minutes.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Litlington's next match is a home encounter against Orwell on Saturday.