Lions rip apart Stags in 11-goal thriller
Knebworth Youth Lions 10 Hemel Aces Stags 1 Under-11 Herts County Cup, First Round FRESH from their 7-1 win at Sawbridgeworth last week, the Lions went into their County Cup game with Hemel Aces in good heart. They were 2-0 up within a couple of minutes a
Knebworth Youth Lions 10 Hemel Aces Stags 1
Under-11 Herts County Cup, First Round
FRESH from their 7-1 win at Sawbridgeworth last week, the Lions went into their County Cup game with Hemel Aces in good heart.
They were 2-0 up within a couple of minutes as first Jack Marshall and then Ned Ford scored.
You may also want to watch:
Some superb passing continued to open the opposition's defence allowing Marshall to score his second before Dominic and then Keenan McDermott made the score 5-0 at half time.
Knebworth rung the changes throughout the game to give everyone a run out, and although Hemel did come back into the game more in the second half the result was never in doubt as further strikes from Alex and Dan Hill added to Dominic's second goal.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
Meanwhile, Marshall doubled his tally scoring an impressive four goals and securing a man-of-the-match award.
Overall the result was satisfying and only team is only seven games away from silverware.