Lewis to face world's best in States
AFTER his successful American Le Mans Series debut at Mid-Ohio, Royston s Ryan Lewis travels to Wisconsin this weekend for the next round at Road America. And the talented young racer is looking forward to his latest outing and testing himself against t
AFTER his successful American Le Mans Series debut at Mid-Ohio, Royston's Ryan Lewis travels to Wisconsin this weekend for the next round at Road America.
And the talented young racer is looking forward to his latest outing and testing himself against the world's best drivers.
He said: "It was a great feeling to be involved and out racing at Mid-Ohio.
"I was pretty happy with our race and I didn't think we would be quite as close to the pace of the majority of the field.
You may also want to watch:
"We certainly have the potential to keep improving.
"I believe that Road America will play to our strengths and it is definitely one of my favourite places to race in North America.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
"Sharing the track with some of the best drivers in the world, and competing with likes of Audi, Porsche and Acura, makes it that little bit more special.
"I'm sure the place is going to be very different in a 600hp plus sports car from the Atlantic car I previously drove there - the back straight and the climb up the hill will certainly go a lot quicker.
"But what I have learned in those past two years is just going to help take the fight to the rest of the guys and show that the underdogs do have teeth."
The Road America race takes place at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, on Saturday, August 9.
The four-hour race begins at 1600hrs local time and will be shown in the UK on Motors TV.