Lewis to face world's best in States
AFTER his successful American Le Mans Series debut at Mid-Ohio, Royston s Ryan Lewis travels to Wisconsin this weekend for the next round at Road America. And the talented young racer is looking forward to his latest outing and testing himself against t
AFTER his successful American Le Mans Series debut at Mid-Ohio, Royston's Ryan Lewis travels to Wisconsin this weekend for the next round at Road America.
And the talented young racer is looking forward to his latest outing and testing himself against the world's best drivers.
He said: "It was a great feeling to be involved and out racing at Mid-Ohio.
"I was pretty happy with our race and I didn't think we would be quite as close to the pace of the majority of the field.
You may also want to watch:
"We certainly have the potential to keep improving.
"I believe that Road America will play to our strengths and it is definitely one of my favourite places to race in North America.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
"Sharing the track with some of the best drivers in the world, and competing with likes of Audi, Porsche and Acura, makes it that little bit more special.
"I'm sure the place is going to be very different in a 600hp plus sports car from the Atlantic car I previously drove there - the back straight and the climb up the hill will certainly go a lot quicker.
"But what I have learned in those past two years is just going to help take the fight to the rest of the guys and show that the underdogs do have teeth."
The Road America race takes place at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, on Saturday, August 9.
The four-hour race begins at 1600hrs local time and will be shown in the UK on Motors TV.