Lewis peps Vets
Royston Tn Vets 4 West Wratting Vets 1 A Paul Lewis hat-trick was the highlight of another emphatic victory by town s vets as they maintained their 100 per cent record start to the season by despatching a competitive West Wratting. Town enjoyed the majo
Royston Tn Vets 4 West Wratting Vets 1
A Paul Lewis hat-trick was the highlight of another emphatic victory by town's vets as they maintained their 100 per cent record start to the season by despatching a competitive West Wratting.
Town enjoyed the majority of possession in the first half but failed to convert this into goals until the 25th minute, when a slick move was started by Kevin Barthrop who put Peter Leete away down the left wing and his cross into the box was volleyed home by Lewis.
West Wratting equalised when a free kick was headed into his own net by Humphries.
Town deservedly took the lead when Lewis finished off good work by Barthrop beating the Wratting keeper with a firm right-foot shot.
The lead was extended when Town were awarded a penalty following a reckless tackle in the box and Lewis coolly slotted home for this hat trick.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
The vets completed the scoring when Barthrop dribbled his way to the edge of the penalty area and scored with an accurate shot that beat the keeper at the near post.