Lewis out of luck in first-lap crash
AFTER a promising start to the weekend, Ryan Lewis was disappointed to leave Denver after contact on the first lap ended his Champ Car race. The Royston driver had qualified 12th for the race on the tight street course, declaring his car in perfect nick f
AFTER a promising start to the weekend, Ryan Lewis was disappointed to leave Denver after contact on the first lap ended his Champ Car race.
The Royston driver had qualified 12th for the race on the tight street course, declaring his car in perfect nick for the race the next day.
Lewis made another rocket-like start, passing four or five cars but his race ended a few seconds later after an accident.
"I had a really good start," said a disappointed Lewis. "I jumped four or five places and got alongside Danilo Dirani into the first corner.
You may also want to watch:
"Unfortunately, I think he got squeezed up against the wall by James Hinchcliffe on the start which meant I didn't have much room.
"When I went to turn in I ended up driving over the back of his rear wheel because our wheels were interlocked.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
"That caused damage to the car and ended my race.
"Our next race will be taking place in a more familiar type of race track for me, so I can't wait to get to Montreal."
The penultimate round of the Champ Car Atlantic series takes place in Canada, in a fortnight.