Lewis misses out on Vegas
Racer Ryan Lewis was left frustrated by red tape this week as he was prevented from joining his Walker Racing team for the opening round of the Champ Car Atlantic Championship in Las Vegas. The Royston racer s visa application was held up which meant he
Racer Ryan Lewis was left frustrated by red tape this week as he was prevented from joining his Walker Racing team for the opening round of the Champ Car Atlantic Championship in Las Vegas.
The Royston racer's visa application was held up which meant he was unable to travel to the US to take his place on the grid for Sunday's season-opener.
After a good showing in winter testing, Lewis was looking forward to a strong start to his season in Las Vegas but will now have to wait until next week when the series moves to Long Beach for round two.
"We've moved heaven and earth over the last two weeks to get the visa sorted but time beat us in the end", said Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
"It's incredibly frustrating and I don't even want to think about the damage it will do to me in the championship but I have to look forward and focus on Long Beach now. In the meantime I wish Simona (De Silvestro) and the team the best of luck for Vegas.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images