Lewis misses out on Vegas
Racer Ryan Lewis was left frustrated by red tape this week as he was prevented from joining his Walker Racing team for the opening round of the Champ Car Atlantic Championship in Las Vegas. The Royston racer s visa application was held up which meant he
Racer Ryan Lewis was left frustrated by red tape this week as he was prevented from joining his Walker Racing team for the opening round of the Champ Car Atlantic Championship in Las Vegas.
The Royston racer's visa application was held up which meant he was unable to travel to the US to take his place on the grid for Sunday's season-opener.
After a good showing in winter testing, Lewis was looking forward to a strong start to his season in Las Vegas but will now have to wait until next week when the series moves to Long Beach for round two.
"We've moved heaven and earth over the last two weeks to get the visa sorted but time beat us in the end", said Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
"It's incredibly frustrating and I don't even want to think about the damage it will do to me in the championship but I have to look forward and focus on Long Beach now. In the meantime I wish Simona (De Silvestro) and the team the best of luck for Vegas.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?