Lewis is on the up
AFTER gearbox failure brought his previous race to a hasty halt, racing ace Ryan Lewis returned to action and fought his way up the placings. The 23-year-old from Royston, battled his way from 19th on the grid to a 13th placed finish in the Champ Car Atla
AFTER gearbox failure brought his previous race to a hasty halt, racing ace Ryan Lewis returned to action and fought his way up the placings.
The 23-year-old from Royston, battled his way from 19th on the grid to a 13th placed finish in the Champ Car Atlantic race at Mont-Tremblant in Canada.
It was a position Lewis should be pleased with after he endured a difficult qualifying round, having to brave the changing weather and problems with his brakes.
However, when the lights went out he made a great start, with a number of intelligent moves that saw him gain some valuable positions.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis then set about picking his way through what was ahead, but found overtaking increasingly challenging.
"Throughout the race we found it tough to find the right balance and we were held up by Alan Sciuto for pretty much the entire race," said Lewis.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
"With this circuit it makes it very hard to pass, and unfortunately the only place Sciuto made a mistake was into our worst corner.
"However, the positive thing is that we came away with points and at the end of the day that's the whole idea."
- Lewis will be competing in round eight of the Champ Car Atlantic Championships in Toronto this weekend.