Lewis is on the up
AFTER gearbox failure brought his previous race to a hasty halt, racing ace Ryan Lewis returned to action and fought his way up the placings. The 23-year-old from Royston, battled his way from 19th on the grid to a 13th placed finish in the Champ Car Atla
AFTER gearbox failure brought his previous race to a hasty halt, racing ace Ryan Lewis returned to action and fought his way up the placings.
The 23-year-old from Royston, battled his way from 19th on the grid to a 13th placed finish in the Champ Car Atlantic race at Mont-Tremblant in Canada.
It was a position Lewis should be pleased with after he endured a difficult qualifying round, having to brave the changing weather and problems with his brakes.
However, when the lights went out he made a great start, with a number of intelligent moves that saw him gain some valuable positions.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis then set about picking his way through what was ahead, but found overtaking increasingly challenging.
"Throughout the race we found it tough to find the right balance and we were held up by Alan Sciuto for pretty much the entire race," said Lewis.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
"With this circuit it makes it very hard to pass, and unfortunately the only place Sciuto made a mistake was into our worst corner.
"However, the positive thing is that we came away with points and at the end of the day that's the whole idea."
- Lewis will be competing in round eight of the Champ Car Atlantic Championships in Toronto this weekend.