Lewis deserved better
RYAN Lewis came away from the Champ Car Atlantic race with a well-deserved fifth-place finish in Toronto. The Royston 23-year-old started the race outside of the top 10, with the new rubber on his wheels affecting the car s balance in the qualifying stag
RYAN Lewis came away from the Champ Car Atlantic race with a well-deserved fifth-place finish in Toronto.
The Royston 23-year-old started the race outside of the top 10, with the new rubber on his wheels affecting the car's balance in the qualifying stages.
However, Lewis got off to a good start until rain began to make the Canadian city's streets treacherous.
Two laps in, he pulled into the pit stop for a change of wet tyres only to be met with the red flag, a move that put the British driver to the back of the queue.
You may also want to watch:
As a result, Lewis then had to fight his way up the field and despite the set back, crossed the line in fifth place.
He said: "After being waved the red flag, I had to pick my way through three or four cars. Overall it was a great result for the team and one that reflects where we should have been all weekend."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Team principal, Derrick Walker added: "The red flag was a huge disadvantage for Ryan. From that point he just had to use is head and that's what he did. He drove a really smart race.
"Ryan deserved a podium finish, but in the wet anything can happen. It was a good solid race, but he certainly deserved better.