Leopards win battle of giants
West Herts Warriors 55 Essex & Herts Leopards 81 THE top two teams in the county went head to head – and it was Leopards who came away with the points. But both teams found it hard to get into their normal rhythm, which resulted in a low scoring first
West Herts Warriors 55
Essex & Herts Leopards 81
THE top two teams in the county went head to head - and it was Leopards who came away with the points.
But both teams found it hard to get into their normal rhythm, which resulted in a low scoring first quarter.
You may also want to watch:
The second period was even closer with both teams scoring some good baskets and passing the ball effectively.
However, Leopards once again demonstrated their strength in depth and talent around the court.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The crucial period as always proved to be the third, and foul trouble and fitness levels hit West Herts as the Leopards turned up the heat.
They played some of their best team passing basketball in the final quarter, and finished the final period 26 points clear.
Coach Terry Graves said: "I was particularly pleased with the passing and strength in depth that we had. These players rise to every challenge and want to learn."
Royston youngsters Joe Graves and Neil Addison again played vital roles.
Vice captain Graves came away with two points, two assists, two steals and two defensive rebounds.
Addison also impressed with six points, two assists, one steal, four offensive rebounds, four defensive rebounds, and one block.