Leigh retains Ladies’ Championship at Heydon Grange
HELEN Leigh has won the Heydon Grange Golf Club Ladies’ Championship for the second year running.
The competition was played over 27 holes of all the three courses – Essex, Cambs and Herts – and Leigh was victorious with a gross score of 135. The winner of the net competition was Mandy Handscombe.
Running in parallel with the Club Championship was the 18-hole Championship Stableford competition. This was won by Sally Harris with an impressive score of 40 points.
Meanwhile, the Blenheim Bowl was played at the golf club at the weekend. Unusually, it was played using a pairs Foursomes format where players in the pairs take it in turns to tee-off, then each player has alternate shots till the ball is holed.
Scoring was varied in this men’s competition with the winners, Paul Chamberlain and Malcolm Knobel-Forbes, returning a net score of 66, well ahead of the rest of the field.
You may also want to watch:
The first three pairs will now be entered into the Cambridge Evening News tournament which starts later this year.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote