Leigh retains Ladies’ Championship at Heydon Grange
HELEN Leigh has won the Heydon Grange Golf Club Ladies’ Championship for the second year running.
The competition was played over 27 holes of all the three courses – Essex, Cambs and Herts – and Leigh was victorious with a gross score of 135. The winner of the net competition was Mandy Handscombe.
Running in parallel with the Club Championship was the 18-hole Championship Stableford competition. This was won by Sally Harris with an impressive score of 40 points.
Meanwhile, the Blenheim Bowl was played at the golf club at the weekend. Unusually, it was played using a pairs Foursomes format where players in the pairs take it in turns to tee-off, then each player has alternate shots till the ball is holed.
Scoring was varied in this men’s competition with the winners, Paul Chamberlain and Malcolm Knobel-Forbes, returning a net score of 66, well ahead of the rest of the field.
You may also want to watch:
The first three pairs will now be entered into the Cambridge Evening News tournament which starts later this year.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme