League hears Town appeal
REPRESENTATIVES from Buntingford FC were due to meet the Herts Senior County League committee last night in the hope of turning around the league s decision to strip them of the league title. The club has appealed after an investigation ruled that they f
REPRESENTATIVES from Buntingford FC were due to meet the Herts Senior County League committee last night in the hope of turning around the league's decision to strip them of the league title.
The club has appealed after an investigation ruled that they fielded an ineligible player in two league matches.
As a result Buntingford were docked two wins, and Whitewebbs, who had finished second, became league winners.
Before the hearing, Buntingford chairman Richard Daly told The Crow that the club remained optimistic and hopeful that the league's decision could be overturned.
You may also want to watch:
- Royston's future has been made clearer after their hopes of a reprieve from relegation were dashed, and they will start next season in Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?