League hears Town appeal
REPRESENTATIVES from Buntingford FC were due to meet the Herts Senior County League committee last night in the hope of turning around the league s decision to strip them of the league title. The club has appealed after an investigation ruled that they f
REPRESENTATIVES from Buntingford FC were due to meet the Herts Senior County League committee last night in the hope of turning around the league's decision to strip them of the league title.
The club has appealed after an investigation ruled that they fielded an ineligible player in two league matches.
As a result Buntingford were docked two wins, and Whitewebbs, who had finished second, became league winners.
Before the hearing, Buntingford chairman Richard Daly told The Crow that the club remained optimistic and hopeful that the league's decision could be overturned.
You may also want to watch:
- Royston's future has been made clearer after their hopes of a reprieve from relegation were dashed, and they will start next season in Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club