League hears Town appeal
REPRESENTATIVES from Buntingford FC were due to meet the Herts Senior County League committee last night in the hope of turning around the league s decision to strip them of the league title. The club has appealed after an investigation ruled that they f
REPRESENTATIVES from Buntingford FC were due to meet the Herts Senior County League committee last night in the hope of turning around the league's decision to strip them of the league title.
The club has appealed after an investigation ruled that they fielded an ineligible player in two league matches.
As a result Buntingford were docked two wins, and Whitewebbs, who had finished second, became league winners.
Before the hearing, Buntingford chairman Richard Daly told The Crow that the club remained optimistic and hopeful that the league's decision could be overturned.
- Royston's future has been made clearer after their hopes of a reprieve from relegation were dashed, and they will start next season in Spartan South Midlands League Division One.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages