Leaders stun Templars with last-gasp goal
THE under 10 Templars were denied victory thanks to a last gasp equaliser by top-of-the-table Royston Town. An excellent first-half header from Lewis Archer had initially put Baldock in front. The Crusaders kept their commanding lead at the top of their d
THE under 10 Templars were denied victory thanks to a last gasp equaliser by top-of-the-table Royston Town. An excellent first-half header from Lewis Archer had initially put Baldock in front.
The Crusaders kept their commanding lead at the top of their division, after a neat strike by Kain Linnell saw off Royston Town B.
The under 10 Knights and Lancers together with opponents Sawbridgeworth provided a hatful of goals in their matches.
The Knights unfortunately were on the wrong end of a 6-1 defeat with George Hewitt getting the Knights goal. The Lancers and Sawbridgeworth B provided a nine goal thriller, before the Lancers finally ended 5-4 winners. Top scorer Kier Boyd claimed a hat-trick, with James Rist and Piers Austin also finding the target.
The under 11 Templars gained ample revenge for an earlier defeat at the hands of Royston Town, as goals from Jordan Massey and Ryan Savage earned them a 2-1 victory, while the under 11 Lancers slipped to a 6-1 defeat against Bishop's Stortford United.
The under 12 Templars and Potton shared six goals to each gain a point in a 3-3 draw, with Jhai Dhillon, Lewis Barker and Joe Fraser-Bossom scoring for the home side.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
The under 12 Crusaders kept their Division 3 promotion hopes alive, as a Toby Harvey goal helped earn them a 1-1 draw at Potton.
Although Jordan Bright, James Rushmere and Chris Mutter were all on target for the under 12 Knights, it was Bishop's Stortford Rangers who took the points, running out 5-3 winners.
The under 13 Templars and Shefford Saints shared the points as they fought out a 2-2 draw. The Templars goals came from Joe Parker and an own goal.
The under 15 Knights maintained their recent good form as a Aaron Slack hat-trick and two goals from Chris Hogg gave them a 5-3 win at Risden Wood.
The under 15 Lancers maintained their title challenge despite having to settle for a point against Albion. Lee Chapman, Joel Strickland and Sam Fraser-Bossom were all on target for the Lancers in a 3-3 score line.
A Max Fletcher goal was the under 15 Crusaders only consolation as they were beaten 4-1 at Stotfold.