Leaders stun Templars with last-gasp goal
THE under 10 Templars were denied victory thanks to a last gasp equaliser by top-of-the-table Royston Town. An excellent first-half header from Lewis Archer had initially put Baldock in front. The Crusaders kept their commanding lead at the top of their d
THE under 10 Templars were denied victory thanks to a last gasp equaliser by top-of-the-table Royston Town. An excellent first-half header from Lewis Archer had initially put Baldock in front.
The Crusaders kept their commanding lead at the top of their division, after a neat strike by Kain Linnell saw off Royston Town B.
The under 10 Knights and Lancers together with opponents Sawbridgeworth provided a hatful of goals in their matches.
The Knights unfortunately were on the wrong end of a 6-1 defeat with George Hewitt getting the Knights goal. The Lancers and Sawbridgeworth B provided a nine goal thriller, before the Lancers finally ended 5-4 winners. Top scorer Kier Boyd claimed a hat-trick, with James Rist and Piers Austin also finding the target.
You may also want to watch:
The under 11 Templars gained ample revenge for an earlier defeat at the hands of Royston Town, as goals from Jordan Massey and Ryan Savage earned them a 2-1 victory, while the under 11 Lancers slipped to a 6-1 defeat against Bishop's Stortford United.
The under 12 Templars and Potton shared six goals to each gain a point in a 3-3 draw, with Jhai Dhillon, Lewis Barker and Joe Fraser-Bossom scoring for the home side.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The under 12 Crusaders kept their Division 3 promotion hopes alive, as a Toby Harvey goal helped earn them a 1-1 draw at Potton.
Although Jordan Bright, James Rushmere and Chris Mutter were all on target for the under 12 Knights, it was Bishop's Stortford Rangers who took the points, running out 5-3 winners.
The under 13 Templars and Shefford Saints shared the points as they fought out a 2-2 draw. The Templars goals came from Joe Parker and an own goal.
The under 15 Knights maintained their recent good form as a Aaron Slack hat-trick and two goals from Chris Hogg gave them a 5-3 win at Risden Wood.
The under 15 Lancers maintained their title challenge despite having to settle for a point against Albion. Lee Chapman, Joel Strickland and Sam Fraser-Bossom were all on target for the Lancers in a 3-3 score line.
A Max Fletcher goal was the under 15 Crusaders only consolation as they were beaten 4-1 at Stotfold.